Got a scratch? Our collections come with top-notch scratch-resistant coatings but no floor is scratch proof.
How to Prevent Scratches
- Keep your floors clean - Regularly sweep and vacuum your floors. Dust acts as an abrasive. Keeping your floors dust-free will prolong the life of your finish and prevent micro-scratches.
- When moving appliances or heavy furniture, we recommend laying a Masonite panel on your floor for the best protection.
- Use felt protectors on furniture to prevent scratches when moving. As a general rule of thumb, the heavier the item, the wider the floor protector needed. We recommend felt pads at least 1” in diameter.
- Be careful with rolling casters. They can damage the floor. If you choose to use them, look for the widest possible wheel you can find.
How to Repair a Scratch
- Rub it out - You can do this with a microfiber cloth or the back of a spoon. You can also try using a damp rag to rub out scratches.
- Repair it - For deeper scratches, we recommend this scratch repair product to our Modin Collection customers.