We're doing everything we can to keep our customers and employees safe and healthy.
Like the rest of the world, we have watched as the situation around COVID-19 has developed rapidly. We wanted to share an update on our company strategy during this time. While our mission as a company is to provide the best flooring products available, our first priority during these times is to keep our customers and our employees safe. With that focus firmly in mind, here are our plans for continued operations.
As an eCommerce brand, everything we sell is shipped to the customer. Naturally, we want to ensure that what we ship is safe to receive.
Flooret sends out two types of shipments:
- Sample orders, which are sent FedEx Express and arrive within 1-2 days.
- Flooring orders which travel by LTL carrier and arrive within 4-12 days.
The current scientific consensus is that receiving packages in the mail is safe. While COVID-19 can survive on surfaces, the survival time is relatively short (approximately 24 hours on cardboard). More significantly, the number of hands touching a package is much lower than at a home improvement store or a showroom. We are working closely with our partner carriers to ensure that everything we ship is safe to receive.
FedEx, our carrier for sample delivery, has implemented a list of measures to keep packages safe. Other carriers are following suit.
Internally we have implemented the following procedures to ensure that sterile product is
leaving our facilities:
- Flooret facilities are closed to non-essential foot traffic until further notice. Will Call arrangements may be accommodated by pre-approval only. No exceptions.
- Visitors will have their temperature checked before being admitted to the facility.
- All on-site employees will have their temperature checked several times a day.
- Employees are maintaining a 10 ft+ safe zone from one another at all times.
- Sample packing areas are cleaned and disinfected multiple times per day.
- Any and all inbound inventory, packaging supplies, customer returns, etc. are received into a holding area where they “rest” for 3 days before being opened or used.
- Shared surfaces are being cleaned daily.
We believe this list of precautions, along with the short lifespan of COVID-19 on cardboard packaging means that you can safely order and receive packages and flooring deliveries.
We know that there's a lot of uncertainty right now, so if you want to reserve your floors, but aren't in a position to receive them now, we are offering unlimited holds on all orders. Meaning, you'll still get your floor when you want it, but we'll store it for you in an effort to simplify your life during these trying times.
To ensure that we are confidently sending only sterile products outbound, we may deliberately slow shipments to allow for a buffer that exceeds 24 hours to elapse, ensuring that we do not transmit any potential contamination.
Our employees are at the core of what we do, and as such their safety comes first. Healthy employees mean we can continue to provide exceptional service. As such, we have implemented the following policies:
- All employees showing any level of flu-like symptoms are being asked to stay home and will receive full pay.
- All non-warehouse employees are being asked to work from home.
- If employees must come into the warehouse, we are requiring they keep 10 ft from other employees at all times.
- Staff members are being asked to wipe down and disinfect all surfaces on a regular schedule.